Sep 15, 2010

What we believe

"What the people believe is true," Anishinabe saying.

This saying seems to have deep truth in it. When people believe that other people are basically good, that is usually what they experience. And, conversely, when they believe people are bad, that may be what they experience. Our expectations and deep beliefs seem to manifest in our lives. I have noticed that when I expect things to go very well, they usually do. When I am anxious or distracted, things can go awry. I also find it helpful to set intentions. I set an intention yesterday of really connecting with my grandson, and last night was a delight with him. Also, when I expect things to go well with Dwane, they usually do. Our beliefs and our intentions shape the quality of our lives, and perhaps also, the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment