Apr 17, 2014

Living Life Fully

  1. "The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing.  The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles." Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Apparently ageism was an issue in Emerson's time, as in our own.  I have a significant birthday coming up (by significant, I mean one that is marking a decade), and I find I am reflecting on aging. Reflecting on aging comes, too, with being a caregiver.  Supporting the process of someone transitioning out of this life causes a person to reflect on mortality.  "Aging for me means not being satisfied with quick fixes, conversations that go nowhere, and relationships that are over by morning." Bob Luckin.  Aging for me also means not participating in relationships that are toxic or in any way unsatisfying.  There are so many wonderful people in the world.  It makes sense to me to spend my time with people who love and support one another, see the best in all things, see possibilities where others see limitations, and want what is best for all involved.    

No comments:

Post a Comment