Jun 22, 2014

Abiding Our Own Counsel

"Those who know how to think need no teachers." Robert Frost

Perhaps we think that we already know how to think, and, of course, on many levels we do.  But, how much do you trust your own counsel?  I think that is an area we can each continue to develop.  When making a decision, I ask the opinion of a few people I trust; then I pray about it; then I make what I believe is the best decision.  Sometimes there are no really good options among which to choose.  When I was told that my loved one would have to move into a nursing home, I chose among the ones I researched and found to be the best.  All of them are 45-70 minutes drive away from me.  I chose one about 60 minutes away from me because it had the best reputation.  It adds more to my drive, but I believe he gets better care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment