Jun 3, 2014

Replenishing Ourselves

  1. "To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it." Mother Teresa

    As caregivers we need to focus time and energy on our own self care.  I have noticed with the stress of needing to move Dwane into a nursing home, because his current care facility is no longer able to meet his needs, I am not sleeping.  I awake at 1:11 or 2:12 and am awake for hours.  I think of all the details that need to be done to accomplish this move, and I am concerned about how he will react -- even though I spoke to him about it and he seemed accepting.  I think I am also aware that this is the last train stop, so to speak.  There will be no more moves, unless hospice is involved.  A very sad time as a caregiver -- and such a huge responsibility to make decisions for the well-being of another human.  Decisions that are not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment