Jun 9, 2014

Choosing Our Own Path

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by.  And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

I have always loved this quote and tried to live my life by it.  In the midst of criticism about decisions made as caregivers, we, too, can trust in taking our own path.  As long as that path is one of integrity and one in which the best interest of the loved one, as well as ourselves, is of the highest priority.  Whenever I make a decision, I always consider:  Is this best for every person directly involved?  When I discern what is best -- after consulting people whose opinions I value, that is the direction I go.  When we live by this value, we can be rest assured we will also be criticized; but it is imperative that we are true to ourselves and to those to whom we have the greatest responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment