Jun 15, 2014

Living in Joy

  1. "If we really know how to live, what better way to start the day than with a smile?  Our smile affirms our awareness and determination to live in peace and joy." Thich Nhat Hanh

    This has been a week of discouragement for me.  Last week I chose to be upbeat and positive to support my loved one during the process of moving into a nursing home,  This week the reality seems to have hit home for me.  It is difficult to imagine that we are at this place in life.  He has difficulty holding his head up, so I hung his pictures down low so he could see them.  I took another table over on which to set his tv, because he could not hold his head high enough to see the tv where they had placed it on a chest of drawers.  The hallucinations are occurring most of the time now, although I still have glimpses of the person he is.  It is hard to live in joy in the role of caregiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment