Jun 11, 2014

Power of Gentleness

"I have no power of miracle other than the attainment of quiet happiness, I have no tact except the exercise of gentleness." Oracle of Sumiyoshi

Gentleness toward ourselves and others is a good life practice.  That is one reason I never argue with or correct Dwane when he tells me about something which is obviously a hallucination he had or when he gets a fact or date wrong.  When one is having hallucinations, that is his or her reality.  What point is there in correcting, or trying to correct, their perception?  In fact, isn't there arrogance for us to think that our perception of reality is the only one -- the right one?  Instead, I listen and acknowledge what he seems to be feeling within the hallucination.  Seems good practice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment