Jan 12, 2016

Looking For Good

Image result for winter photos
"There is a power for Good in the Universe, and you can use it." Ernest Holmes

Part of my clinical training that has developed is to look for themes in people's lives.  What themes do they most talk about?  It tells us a lot.  I investigate my own life in that way as well.  A theme I have found is imperative I avoid is the theme of irritation.  It is so easy to feel irritated.  A breach of a credit card, the perceived slight of a friend, being treated rudely in traffic -- all might be excuses to be irritated.  But, it is far better for my mental health to avoid the irritation and just deal with the situation.  How might it help you to look for themes in your life?  One way to do it is to see where our thoughts go, or where do our conversations habitually go?  I think you might be surprised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment