Jan 13, 2012

Being present

"To be fully present here and now requires conscious effort and attention.  It means letting go of your plans for the future and forgetting the past." Rev. Chris Michaels

Last night I went to a Buddhist lesson and meditation.  Very interesting.  There are so many similarities among the paths to the Divine.  A practice I have been doing this New Year is choosing to live in the present more of the time, which for me means not resisting the present circumstances with my mind planning what I think would be better circumstances.  Living with dementia may be a perfect playground for this activity because there are many things about the present moment I would prefer to not accept.  And, perhaps that is why I am in this situation:  to accept what is.  Without judgment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment