Jan 7, 2012

Getting what we want

"If I had gotten the job I wanted at Montgomery Ward, I suppose I would never have left Illinois." Ronald Reagan.

Have you ever gotten something you wanted, only to find out you did not really like it?  I did once in what is a silly example: We once thought we would like a motor home; it turned out that it was not the travel vehicle for us.  Or, perhaps you have not gotten something you were sure you wanted, but later see the blessing in having not gotten it.  Take being a caregiver for dementia, for instance.  I doubt that many of us wanted this job.  I certainly did not want it.  It wasn't even remotely on the radar for me.  There have been other times in my life that what happened is not what I wanted; and, yet, in each of those cases, there were blessings associated with what did happen.  What might the blessings be for us who are caregivers?  Do you believe there are any?  I would like to know what your blessings have been for being the caregiver for someone with dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment