Jan 19, 2012

Expectations

"Rarely do we get exactly what we want when we want it.  But we always get exactly what we expect." Rev. Chris Michaels

How very true I have found this to be in my life.  And, I have found that life has been a process of my learning to raise my expectations - or my beliefs about what is possible for me to experience.  It takes some discipline to raise one's expectations, and I think it takes avoiding the naysayers.  Just like many who abuse substances find support in groups like AA; so too, can we who want to raise our expectations find encouragement in like-minded people: Others who are raising their expectations of what life has to offer them.  For this next week let us put forth the intention to expect better things for ourselves and all others.  What could that look like?  Perhaps better cooperation from the person for whom we provide care, perhaps better solutions for bill-paying, perhaps better health and well being.  What can be better for you? 
Now:  expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment