Jan 10, 2012

This blog

"I wanted to represent what was the best research and wisdom from my profession  . . . . . ." Dr. Val Farmer

The above quote comes from Dr. Val Farmer's final column; the one in which he announces he is retiring.  His purpose, as stated above, is the same purpose I have with this blog.  Both he and I have psychological backgrounds in private practice.  He wanted to bring the skills he developed in his training and in the work he did in private practice to those who live in rural America.  I want to bring the latest research in dementia and in caregiving, coupled with my experience in psychological training and practice, to those of us in caregiving positions or in any challenging situation.  It is my observation that each of us will face several challenging situations in our lifetimes.  My hope with this blog is to present research-based information and techniques to help us all deal with those life challenges.  I have read Dr. Val Farmer for years and wish him well in retirement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment