May 15, 2014

Dealing With the Diagnosis of Dementia

"Hearing that a parent, sibling, friend, or loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease may be the most life-altering event you could endure." Michele Mongillo, RN, MSN

It is interesting that she leaves 'spouse' off the list -- because that may be the most life-altering event of them all --- when you learn your spouse has dementia.  I miss having anyone with whom to discuss things and make decisions.  That was always something I treasured about my spouse -- we discussed things and made decisions together.  Now I am faced with some decisions about my own living situation, and it is not possible -- or prudent -- to include him.  My habit has always been to seek out the best counsel I can find in any given situation, and then to make my own decision based on what is right for me.  And, that is what I will do in this case.  How do you make your decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment