May 30, 2014

Yoga for Weight Control

"Scientists are just now uncovering the slimming power of gentle yoga." Hillari Dowdle

I have been doing a gentle, meditative yoga this past winter, and I just love it.  It stretches my leg muscles that sometimes keep me awake at night, the oxygenation improves my overall well being, my blood pressure -- always good - has been even lower despite the stress of caregiving, it has kept me flexible; and, although weight control is not an issue for me, research indicates it helps control weight too.  If you have not tried yoga, I recommend it.  There are many different types.  I have gone to classes which have a person changing positions every few seconds.  The class I have taken this winter is different -- the teacher has us hold every position and focus on deep breathing.  I sleep amazingly well after.  Yoga is well worth the investment of your time and money, and your body and overall well-being will be better by having done it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment