May 4, 2014

Staying Active

  1. "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60.  She's 97 now, and we don't know where the heck she is." Ellen DeGeneres

    A humorous reminder of the importance of exercise.  Study after study confirms that one of the best things we can do for our health is staying physically active.  Staying physically active even helps us stay mentally and cognitively healthy.  I love to exercise, so that helps me with staying active.  Hiking, biking, skiing, water aerobics, gardening, household chores -- all are a means by which I stay active.  We have had a significant spring/winter storm, so I have spent over 2 hours a day shoveling -- not my favorite form of exercise, but I did enjoy listening to the birds and breathing in the fresh air.  What exercise can you create in your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment