May 19, 2015

Being A Friend

Image result for flower photos
"There can be no greater or simpler ambition than being a friend." Mark Nepo

How many true friends do you have in life?  You know, the kind who you know has your back?  It seems to me that this ends up being just a few at any given time.  We have more people who care for us, more people with whom we like to do things, but -- true friends?  Those seem to be rarer.  I count among true friends those people with whom I can really be myself.  No hiding.  No dimming down who I am.  I treasure those friendships and those people.  I also strive to be that friend.  With my loved one, with those people important in my life.  How can you be a true friend?  By accepting others for who they truly are.  When my loved one is complaining, I listen and I correct the situation if I can.  How do you show up as friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment