Aug 31, 2009

Expect the unexpected

So, with all precautions in place, with great behavior plans to prevent & eliminate problems, are all problems eliminated? No. I estimate that I prevent about 97% of the problems by the systems I have in place (lists, supports, etc.), but problems do still arise. Just one day over the weekend, Dwane lost his checkbook (thankfully I found it), started the dishwasher by pushing the dial past where it fills with water so it was running dry (I had started it correctly and he changed it.), and he left the phone out of its charging cradle with the line open so we had a dead phone and were unable to get any phone calls. Still, on the contrast: he also filled my bike tires with air, helped me organize a bookcase and painted his trailer he is repairing.

What I try to remember is the familiar saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff. . . . And, it's all small stuff." If there is no injury, no fire, no accident, then all is well. I figure Dwane and I are both doing the best we can, given the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment