Aug 21, 2009

A good day/week

ah, Friday. What a good week. Yesterday I ran/jogged for 5 miles and realized I need to pick the pace up a bit for my upcoming partial marathon. Dwane is having a period where he is functioning so well that he is repairing an old pull trailer. It is wonderful to see him in purposeful activity. Thank God for what resources there are to support his wellbeing: hypnosis, Holy Tea, and the current medications. I don't think I have written about Holy Tea. An alternative health practioner we go to has recommended drinking 2 ounces of Holy Tea every day for 30 days, with 10 days off, and then repeating that cycle ongoingly. He says that Holy Tea is the best thing he knows for removing toxins from the brain. This tea can be found online: It is Dr. Miller's Holy Tea and is a combination of herbs, to include holy thistle - hence the name. So, while acknowledging we are dealing with a noncurable and progressive disease, we are still implementing every reasonable thing we can. (we only do that which we can find some evidence is effective).

1 comment:

  1. It occurs to me that the suggestion of Holy Tea might be a bit "far out" for some. Do I have evidence that it helps in dementia? No. I do know it has helped my bowel health. And the ingredients would seem to me to do no harm, so we thought it was worth a try. Judith

    ReplyDelete