Aug 18, 2009

respite care

It just occurred to me yesterday how I can implement respite in my life. I have hesitated in checking in with hospice of similar care, as we just are not to that point yet. But then I find I cannot be gone more than a couple hours and I am anxious about his safety. So, I had the idea to hire a person to come in and clean our house and do errands one day a week, so there is someone here to monitor safety while I am free to do things away from the home. It will be less expensive than skilled care, and I think it will work great. Someone to do tasks for me, fix his lunch and be aware of his safety. What a relief.

My daughter and son-in-law provide respite for me with my son-in-law taking Dwane on outings, but this hired arrangement can be every week during the day. I also do not want to over rely on the kindness of my daughter and her husband. They have full professional lives and lots of commitments. So, this is a perfect answer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment