Oct 16, 2009

Virtue

According to Joan Borysenko, one aspect of cultivating virtue is to practice lovingkindness in every interaction. I can get my mind around that more than the more pious definitions of virtue. That is easier than an elusive definition. Practicing lovingkindness can be goal; an achievable goal.

A dear friend has expressed concern over some of the comments posted on this blog. I do not usually look at the comments, so I was unaware. I am writing this blog for the intention of Dwane and me to live with this diagnosis remembering that we want to focus on the highest quality of life and feeling gratitude that we can live our daily lives thoughtfully and with purpose, knowing they are finite. I am sure there are people who do not resonant with the thinking I am presenting. A different blog may be the best for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment