Oct 1, 2009

Winter has arrived

Overnight the splendor of the changing leaves has given way to wind and snow. It appears that winter has arrived with at least her first taste of the season. One of my readings today was about winter and thinking how it symbolizes life, to notice what is dying in nature and to consider what is dying in one's own life. I feel like a lot is dying for me. I have not done anything in my most major profession since June. It feels dismantled and in death throes. Every day I notice another way that Dwane seems to be dying to me, as companion and friend. His personality is often so very changed. I know I have said before, but it seems so poignant, he just seems at times to collapse into himself and be gone from this dimension. We are also dealing with what appears to be the betrayal of family around an inheritance. Death of an illusion of trust. Plus the opportunity to stand up for one's rights.

Usually I love to see winter come, and I'm not sure if it is because of the horrific winter we had last year or the evidence of so much death and decline in my own life, but I am finding I am dreading the work, the house-bound aspects, the inconvenience of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment