Apr 3, 2011

We are our thoughts

"Your most valuable asset is your mind. And your most important activity is how to use it." Chris Michaels.

I believe the above statement is very true. We are familiar with the expression: you are what you eat. Equally true; we are what we think. It is important to me that my exterior world (of conversations, books, television, movies) supports well being; just as it is important for me to monitor my own thoughts to support the well being of myself and others.

Last night we went to the Telluride Film Festival. Both Dwane and I love to travel, and we cannot do that much any more, so we went to see films of places we have been or might like to go. Fly fishing in remote parts of Russia brought back to us memories of when we were in Russia. Skiing the glaciers in New Zealand, a singing group of disabled persons in Africa, how climate change is affecting skiing in Scotland: were topics covered in the films.

In what ways can you still provide stimulation and entertainment for you and your care receiver?

No comments:

Post a Comment