Dec 15, 2011

Perfection

"God's works are so secured by an all-encompassing plenitude that no created thing is imperfect." Hildegard of Bingen

One of the great mystics.  If she came to an understanding that all of life is perfect, then who am I to argue?  That would mean that I am created perfectly, as are you.  It would also mean that the dementia with which we live must be a distorted view of perfection.  Katherine Saux writes that the imperfections that we see (wars, pollution, crime -- and I would add; illness - like dementia) are distorted forms that have accumulated over eons of wrong choices.  hmmmm   Then, it would stand to reason that one way to deal with these distorted forms is to set our vision on the perfection beneath what appears to be imperfect.  For today let us choose to see the perfection of Spirit in ourselves and in all other people and things.  My sister who was here recently commented on my speaking to inanimate objects (my dishwasher, etc.); but, what if no object is really inanimate?  That is a consideration.  And, all is perfect:  despite some other appearances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment