Dec 10, 2011

Responsibility

"I accept my responsibility to think rightly about myself, my fellowman and the world in which I live." Ernest Holmes

What if we consider that having positive thoughts is our responsibility; not just a choice?  What if the world is a different place depending on the quality of our collective thoughts?  I know that my own personal space is different when I remain in peace and joy.  The past week I have felt despondent because of some environmental factors, and that affected the quality of my life and - I think - the lives of those with whom I interact.  So, I claim that it is not just an exercise for me, but a responsibility I have to my fellow humans/plants/animals and planet to think rightly.  Rightly for me means being at peace, in joy and truly wanting the best for myself and all others.  In this holiday season it seems an appropriate practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment