Jul 2, 2014

Becoming Who We Were Meant To Be

  1. "Before we can become what we are meant to be, we must accept what we are not." Mark Nepo

    Joan Borysenko says the same thing when she says that heaven on earth is accomplished when we develop our potential.  It seems that may be our life journey:  to develop to our full potential.  In developing our potential, it is important to acknowledge what we are not.  I once heard Oprah say, "Do not try to become Oprah.  I already have that one taken."  Amusing, but so true.  We can admire other people and learn from them, but it does not serve us to try to be them.  There is only one you and only one me and only one Oprah.  That is our task:  to become the best person that only you and I can become.  As Nepo says we need to let go of the grand fantasies that take us out of our own true nature.  I would say further -- that once we let go of those fantasies, we then develop to the fullest extent who we are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment