Jul 26, 2014

Benefits of Gratitude

  1. "In everything give thanks." Kahlil Gibran

    Having an "attitude of gratitude" is one of the tenets of the Twelve Step Programs, and it is very wise advise.  In the Michael Singer interview he said that we have two choices when life presents us with a challenge:  we can complain or we can change ourselves.  We all know plenty of people who spend considerable time complaining about any number of things, and - as humans - we all do that at times, but it is so important not to make a habit of it.  Always.  Yes, always, there will be a bright side to any circumstance.  It is our task to find it.  Take caregiving, what are some of the benefits?  It has helped me reevaluate my priorities and how I spend my time.  It has helped me (and others with whom I have shared our experience) prepare better for my own elder years.  It has exposed me to numbers of people with dementia, and it has increased my compassion.  How have you benefited from caregiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment