Oct 10, 2014

Doing Good

"But you brothers do not be remiss in doing good." 2 Thes 3:13

Have you ever considered what might be the effect of the absence of your doing good?  I once heard a minister ask if we ever considered what might be the effect if we had not prayed.  To not be remiss in doing good could mean that we needed to consider if we had helped stop world hunger or if we helped advance world peace, but most of us will not have a direct hand in those large things.  What we do have is what is in front of us.  The way we treat our loved one who is receiving our care, the way we treat the clerk at the store, the way we treat the waiter/waitress.  I believe those little acts of kindness do perpetuate the good in the world.  Someone once told me she would miss my energy when I was moving from an area.  I was perplexed at what she might mean, but, now - many years later - I do realize that we each are an essence of energy.  What do you want people to perceive about your energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment