Nov 19, 2014

Compassion

  1. "The dew of compassion is a tear." Lord Byron

    There are many occasions for tears for those who are caregivers.  Yesterday when I visited my loved one, I knew I was right at meal time, so I went to where he eats.  He was not there.  His food was there congealing at his place at the table.  When I asked where he was, staff ran to get him and apologized.  But this is not the first time he has apparently been overlooked.  There was no one there yesterday with whom I could discuss this, so I will contact them today.  

    When the assisted living facility gave me notice they could not meet his needs any more, I looked at nursing homes within a 70-mile radius.  This is one of the better ones.  And, still. , , , , ,      Darn I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment