Nov 5, 2014

Purpose of Life Challenges

  1. "The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor the human perfected without trials." Chinese proverb

    That does seem to be the way the universe is set up -- that we humans are perfected by our trials.  I have thought for a long time that people either get bitter or better for enduring the challenges that life presents.  I have seen both responses, and the bitter people do much damage to themselves.  Far better to look for the lesson, purpose or opportunity within each challenge.  Recently I resigned from an activity that brought me much satisfaction, but I knew that it was in the best interest of myself and others if I stepped down.  Then I needed to go through the necessary "in between" time, where it felt like nothing purposeful was left for me to do.  Having weathered and honored that "in between" time I am now coming out the other side with opportunities presenting themselves to me in ways I can provide service that are meaningful to me and that I can do while also being caregiver.  We are honed by our life's trials -- if we choose to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment