Jan 29, 2015

God's Plan

"God is good, and He has a plan for our lives that is greater and more blessed than the lives we pick out for ourselves, and I am so thankful about that." Lygon Stevens

Lygon was a 29 year old avid mountain climber, having climbed four Andean peaks and 39 of Colorado's highest peaks.  The above quote was written in her journal 3 days before she was killed in an avalanche while climbing Little Bear Peak in Colorado.  She is said to have climbed mountains to "meet God there."  If you believe in God, or Source or Universal Power, where do you  meet it/him/her?   As part of my spiritual practice, I vowed to meditate every day in 2015, and already the demands of caregiving and life sometimes squeeze meditation out of my schedule.  But, actually, we do not need to climb mountains nor meditate, all we have to do is be present to what is before us.  Sounds simple, but it is actually a practice -- again and again every moment of every day.  Do you believe that God has a plan for your life?  Sometimes, when I look around and see the suffering, it is hard for me to believe -- but, at other times, I can see things in the bigger scheme; and there does seem to be order.  If God has a plan for your life, what do you think it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment