Jan 1, 2015

Happy New Year

  1. "For as the stars need space to be seen, as waves need shore to crest, as dew needs grass to soak into, our vitality depends on how we exclaim and rejoice, "I see you."  "I am here."
    Mark Nepo

    In the above quote Nepo is referring to what African Bushmen do to greet each other.  When one sees another coming out of the brush, he/she says, "I see you." The person coming out of the brush exclaims, "I am here."  Nepo contends, as do I, that we all have to be seen by others to know our own worth.  Nepo says his grandmother is who saw him and rejoiced in him when he was little.  My mother was the first one to do it for me.  Who rejoiced in you when you were young?  Nowadays I seek out friends who are capable of seeing me as I see them.  It is still a human need:  to be seen, to let others know that we are here. 

    I wish you all life's good in 2015.  

No comments:

Post a Comment