Dec 6, 2015

Avoiding Hate and Anger

"No hate is worth the toll it takes on my tissues.  No anger is worth the destruction it causes in my body." Ernest Holmes

I find this to be true.  I even have to avoid feeling irritated (a milder form of anger) because it affects my body and keeps me from sleeping and feeling my best.  Negative emotions, like hatred and anger, do have an impact on the cellular health of our body.  If for no other reason than your own health, avoid anger in any form.  Now, we in mental health will tell you that all feelings are normal and need to be felt, but I have come to realize - for me - that is not true about anger.  It just is not worth the damage it does to my body.  So, if I recommend that if we see injustice, act; but do not stew in anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment