Dec 16, 2015

Happiness

Image result for winter bird photos
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."  
~ Denis Waitley

What a lovely definition of happiness, and I think he is right.  Happiness is not dependent upon our possessions, how much money we have (although having enough money for basic needs is a factor), how expansive our house is --- happiness is a choice and a state of mind.  I find happiness most easily when I focus on gratitude.  In this season of holiness for several major religions, for what are you grateful?  I am grateful for the health of myself and my loved ones, I am grateful for a warm home, enough money to cover basic needs, and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment