Nov 24, 2012

Let's Dance

"New research shows that dancing doesn't just build bones and improve balance; it can even boost brainpower." Journal of Sports Science and Medicine

Dancing twice a week can increase memory and cognitive functioning among older adults.  Dancing is also easy on the joints, it provides social interaction, and it is good for our brains.  I do not currently have a venue for dancing, but in the past I have loved it -- and I will be looking for ways to have it again in my life.  It is so important that we like the form of exercise we do.  So we will stick with it, and -- in my opinion -- liking it doubles its benefits.  So, whether you dance, do aerobics, ski, bike, swim, zumba -- the important part is they you get regular daily exercise.  You deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment