Nov 6, 2012

Please Be Sure to Vote

"Plans are useless, but planning is invaluable." Winston Churchill

If you live in the United States, please be sure to vote today in this very close presidential election.  Wherever you live, it is so important that we exercise our right to vote.  The best way we can impact our country is in how we vote. 

I have had some recent experiences that have shown me the folly of making plans.  When one has very, very important things going on in life, all plans need to take a second seat.  Still, planning is important.  How else will I get my vehicle tire fixed?  My snowplow serviced?  Perhaps the secret is to be involved in planning, but to hold the plans lightly.  There come times in life when things far more important are calling for our attention than getting tires fixed.  Knowing what is important to you, what you value, is critical in these times, so that you are focusing your attention on what is truly important.  For me, relationships important to me are the most important thing.  Tires can be fixed another day.  But, for voting in the U.S. in this election, that happens only today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment