Oct 5, 2015

Being True To Ourself

Image result for autumn photos
"If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be."
Maya Angelou

Part of my stress at the funeral was I felt pressure to arrange a service that would be what my loved one would want.  I some how felt pressure to have it very nice.  Not that I would not have had it nice anyway, but it was the pressure I felt that added to my stress.  Pressure that was self imposed.  I don't know how we can always get it right -- the balance between honoring other people and being true to ourselves; but it is critical we do.  It is so true that you cannot please all of the people all of the time, and it is equally true that it is so important that we know what is important to us and live our lives in accordance with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment