Oct 13, 2015

Handling Stress

Image result for autumn photos
"Life only demands from you the strength you possess.  Only one feat is possible --- not to have run away." Dag Hammarskjold

I would think that I would have less stress now, even though there are still many details to take care of.  But, I am still not sleeping.  Generally, I have very good coping skills, so this is telling me that not only have I been on overload for a very long time, his death does not end that, and - in fact - has exacerbated it.  So, I am going to try medication to help me sleep and add that to my practice of mindfulness and exercise.  I share these struggles because, as caregivers, we must be aware of the stress we are under and the need to consider all options to help alleviate that stress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment