Oct 26, 2015

Reasons For Our Sorrow

Image result for autumn photos
"The anima mundi -- the soul of the world -- is trying to speak.  It's telling us that its capacity to mend itself is at risk." Frances Weller

I have just loved this article by Weller in the October issue of The Sun magazine, "The Geography of Sorrow".  It helps me understand the depth and reasons for my PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) diagnosis.  It was not just my loved one's death, or even the 8 years I provided caregiving, nor the pack rat invasion -- I think, as Weller says, it is also about the tragedies around us.  War in the Middle East, droughts in California, floods elsewhere, illnesses in people we care about.  Let us be sure to find community --- a safe one -- in which to express our sorrow and perform rituals in order to heal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment