Oct 1, 2015

Using Life's Challenges

Image result for autumn photos
"The heart is like a grain and we are like the mill wheel." Rumi

I remember once hearing Joseph Campbell say something to the effect that life had challenges, and one just had to accept that fact.  I would agree.  Life might often seem monotonous, but, actually, those might be the very best times.  Then, there will be times of considerable strife.  Caregiving contains both monotony and strife.  I thought I had been grieving for all the long years of this illness, but there are new layers of grief with his death.  I had dreams the other night when I slept well.  At one time during the night, I awoke because of tears running down my face.  Grief needs to be expressed.  It will find a way, either directly or indirectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment