Oct 31, 2015

Effects of Trauma

Image result for autumn photos
"Trauma affects one's body, spirit, soul, emotions." this author

I would like us all to consider the effects of stress and trauma.  I was discussing this yesterday with a woman experiencing some stress -- the mistakes, the mental confusion.  It also affects the body.  It is my belief that stress deposits toxins in the cells of our body and causes damage.  We can release some of these damaging toxins through Bodytalk, massage, meditation and crying, but - even better - is to prevent their damage.  I have been functioning:  meeting with insurance people, our cpa, financial adviser, bank, getting my car fixed.  Functioning, but marginally.  That was brought home to me yesterday.  Even though I began seeing patients again for psychotherapy and believe I was effective, as I was using an elevator it took me several attempts before I realized the reason the elevator was not working was because I kept pushing the button for the floor I was already on!  It was a time for humor and compassion for myself.  Of course, I am not functioning optimally.  Because of that, I reached out to other people to help me fill out forms, make decisions.  Let us be gentle with ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment