Oct 11, 2015

Finding Serenity

Image result for autumn photos
"Speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee." Book of Job

Where do you find respite and healing?  I find it, among other places, in nature.  I love the autumn.  The colors, the temperatures, the warm days and cool nights.  Yesterday I went to a Pow Wow with a Lakota friend.  I try to experience different cultures whenever I can.  When I travel, I try to attend spiritual services in whatever culture I am visiting.  It is so important that we are tolerant of each others' differences, and - who knows? - I might find a new source of support.  The Pow Wow was fabulous dancing and costumes and energy.  It was a wonderful day, as in the morning I got to see my daughter and granddaughter in a homecoming parade at the university where my daughter was homecoming queen while she was there.  Yes, I love the fall and all the reasons to be fully, vibrantly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment