Oct 12, 2015

Helping One Another

Image result for autumn photos
"Help thy brother's boat across; and, lo, thine own has reached the shore," Hindu proverb

Yes, life goes better when we cooperate and help one another.  Having said that -- it is difficult for me to ask for help from someone.  I still need to move 2 pieces of furniture from the nursing home.  I will have to figure out if I can get them in my vehicle, or if I need to ask someone to help me.  Is it easy for you to ask for help?  I realize that it is a skill I can improve.  I had an interesting conversation - and revealing one for me - with my sister about people expressing condolences.  I find it easy to express condolences to someone else, and I am less comfortable with accepting them.  For my sister it is the exact opposite.  Interesting.  There is always opportunity for me to clarify and change my behavior so that it serves me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment