Nov 22, 2015

Observing One's Life

Image result for autumn photos
"The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated.  You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought -- that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence." Eckart Tolle

Life is different when I can participate as an observer of myself.  I am more at peace, more detached.  I notice more things.  I think it is true that we can then access more wisdom.  We can all do it.  Just observe oneself, observe the bigger picture.  I read that before technology, generals used to sit high on hilltops to see the whole battlefield in order to strategize.  It is rather like that -- sitting back in one's awareness and observing the whole, so that we can better strategize how to live, what our impact is on other people, the interactions of other people and how they might affect us.

No comments:

Post a Comment