Nov 21, 2015

Reality of Caregiving

Image result for autumn photos
"We live in an intensity that most people don't." caregiver speaking of experience

Yes, caregiving puts us in a situation of intensity.  Depending on the type of disability and whether difficult behavior is involved, the intensity can increase.  Even when my loved one was in a care facility, I noticed I was anxious every time I went to see him.  I never knew what would be the condition he was in, whether he would be lucid, whether he would be belligerent; and, of course, that sense of anxiety was much worse when I was the 24/7 caregiver.  I speak of this so that each of us caregivers knows the extent of the intensity of the situations we are trying to manage.  There are some good tips in the Oct/Nov AARP magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment