May 12, 2012

Focus of attention

"Chronic attention to unwanted things holds you in a place of disallowing your physical well-being, as well as disallowing the solutions to other things you are focused upon." Abraham

While I do think we are not responsible for creating everything that happens to us, I also think we get more of what we put our attention upon.  What if our attention is really that powerful?  If it is, then would it not be prudent for us to be careful upon what we put it?!  Perhaps it is wise to think about what we want in our lives, and then to put our attention on noticing examples of those things we want.  For instance, I want well being, freedom, expression of creativity, loving relationships.  Today I will notice examples of those in my life.  Writing this blog entry is an expression of creativity, so will be choosing what I want to wear today.  Well being:  I will choose my activities with care so that I do not become overly scheduled.  I am driving to see Dwane today; I will enjoy the drive and the time with him in our loving relationship.  Freedom:  I will do only those things I want to do for this day. 

I am watching a little grey bird which has built a nest in a wreath I have hanging on the front of the house.  The other night we had a terrific hail, wind and rain storm at 1:09 a.m.  I was thinking how smart of that little bird to build her nest under the roof overhang, instead of in an exposed area. 

Let us be smart and thoughtfully decide what we want, then focus our attention on examples of those things we want, and choose actions that will create what we want in our own lives.  We cannot control all that happens to us in life, but we can be smart about creating the environment that will support what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment