May 30, 2012

Releasing Negativity

"Every negative thought or condition is erased from my experience and I walk in the joy of ever increasing good." Ernest Holmes

Lovely quote, and is it possible that we can walk in joy only by releasing every negative thought or condition?  That might be true.  We have all been in settings where people are talking about their ill health or dramatic surgeries, and they seem to be trying to top the horribleness of the tale ahead of them.  What does that serve?  It is often done when someone mentions that they are having a particular surgery or going to have a baby.  That seems an invitation to some people with tales of how horrible the experience was for them.  What if, instead, we focused on what was right about our health and lives and financial situations?  Not only would that be a source of comfort for the person who is going to have the surgery or deliver the baby; it is also good for our own mental health.  Part of my commitment to my own health is that I do not discuss 'horribleness' of any type.  I avoid movies or tv that depict violence or defeat; as I find I am unable to sleep after watching them.  I choose conversations that are supportive of the good for myself and others.  This is a commitment not only for my own health and well being; it is also a commitment for the health and well being of our planet and everyone/everything on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment