Aug 16, 2012

Lift Chair

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an experiment.  The more experiments you make the better."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

The assisted living facility personnel has said that Dwane now needs a lift chair because of his difficulty in getting out of a chair.  For those of you in this position, I would like to share what I learned in the process.  The facility said that the doctor would order the chair, and then insurance would pay for half.  That turned out not to be the case.  The nurse said Dwane does not meet the insurance criteria -- which according to her is that the person is unable to walk once he or she gets out of a chair!  Amazing!  So, I have looked for lift chairs.  At furniture stores they are $700 and up with a delivery charge.  A friend told me the Walgreen's sale flier had a lift chair, which I checked out.  One can order (sale is good Sat Aug 12 to Sat Aug 18) a lift chair online for $499 with free shipping "over the threshold".  What a great solution.  I ordered the lift chair and arranged for it to be delivered directly to the assisted living facility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment