Jan 6, 2013

Clutter

"Women in particular experience a spike in stress hormones when faced with household clutter." UCLA study

As caregivers it is hard to find time for everything, to include decluttering.  Today I spent the morning paying bills and setting up automatic payments on our prescriptions plans. Then, I cleaned and dusted, took out the trash, and prepared nutritious meals for myself.  We each lead busy lives.  Tomorrow I take Dwane to PT and out to lunch, and recently spent a day helping him write thank you notes to people.  As caregivers we are busy, busy people.  Too busy sometimes to address the clutter in our houses.  But, it is important to remember that the clutter does cause us stress.  Perhaps we can hire someone else to do some of the tasks, so that we can address the clutter.  How do you handle clutter?  I have a habit -- taught to me many years ago by a friend -- to always tidy the house before going to bed, so that I get up to cleanliness and order.  A gift to oneself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment