Jan 25, 2013

Thoughts and Their Effect

"The powerful Law of Attraction is at the root of everything that you experience; and the stable, never-changing, always-accurate premise of this Law is: that which is like unto itself, is drawn.
When you give thought to something, you begin the attraction process of the essence of that subject into your own life experience." Abraham

There are numerous teachers who warn us about watching the content of our thoughts.  Louise Hay suggests that our thoughts are what cause our physical wellness or illness.  In that thinking, rigid thoughts cause rigidness in the body; whereas, fluid thoughts create fluidness and well-being.  You may or may not believe this, but what is the harm in implementing watching your thoughts and your conversations?  For me, conversations include books I read, television programs and movies I watch.  I do not watch or read (except some in the news) anything morbid or violent.  It is important that we consider that our bodies and experiences may very well reflect the content of our thoughts and emotions.  Angry people seem to draw more experiences about which to be angry.  Recently, I was in a situation where a service person was explaining to people why something could not be done.  It was interesting to watch the reactions -- ranging from blow ups to acceptance.  When it was my turn to talk with the service person, she said to me, "I am not as bad as the thoughts you have been having about me."  I could honestly respond to her, "Actually, I have not been having bad thoughts about you."  The relief in her face and body posture was evident when she found she had not been judged harshly, and she seemed to treat people with more graciousness thereafter.  Sure, I could have been angry; some were -- but this was a situation over which neither the service person nor I had much control, and anger seemed inappropriate.  This is not about bragging about my response:  It is about demonstrating that in each and every circumstance we have control over our thoughts and emotions and actions.  If our thoughts are more peaceful, our experiences and our bodies will be more peaceful, and there will be more peace around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment