Jan 19, 2013

Endurance Exercise

"20 minutes every day of exercise which causes the person to sweat lightly is the single best answer to good health." Public Television

Current recommendations for exercise are an hour a day, with 20 minutes being endurance as described above.  The hour of exercise does not have to be all at one time, but can be split up throughout the day.  Exercise is the single best thing we can do to improve our overall health.  With more and more of us sitting at desks and computers for most of the day, it might be that we have to schedule our exercise.  I go to water aerobics several times and week and some yoga classes.  Otherwise, I get in extra body movement by doing my own house cleaning, using stairs instead of elevators, parking farther away from an entrance so that I walk further, and doing my own shoveling for snow removal.   Some of these activities are more fun than others, but I enjoy each of them.  Even the house cleaning and shoveling:  they bring me a sense of satisfaction about a job well done AND knowing that I am investing in my own health by the physical activity.  What exercise can you implement into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment